Saturday, December 4, 2010

Veterans Day




Veterans Day is very important at our school. We have a big assembly every year to honor those who have served for our country. All of the students write essays, poems, learn songs, and create artwork and then we invite Veterans to the school to enjoy the performances. It is always a great experience for students, the Veterans and their families. I am in charge of directing a patriotic art project for each grade and then hanging up the artwork in the multi-purpose room. I was so proud of all of my students!


Sorry for the sloppy photos...I didn't have time to crop! My third graders drew these portraits of soldiers. CUTEST thing I've ever seen!






My second graders got to practice their scissor skills...





I got this idea at Oodles of Art. Step by step process...




My 6th graders painted these beautiful poppies...the aluminum foil really makes the paintings pop!! I can't remember where I found this idea...but it was a hit!




Finally...here are the end results! The flag is a mural done by my 8th graders...found on Art Projects for Kids. It was the star of the show!

1 comment:

  1. Great art ideas.. Could you tell me if you used paint or markers for your poppies on tin foil project?

    ReplyDelete